Some quick press box notes from Cleveland Browns Stadium just about an hour before the kickoff of the 1pm starts:
– Weather is going to be a HUGE factor all around the country today, as here in Cleveland overnight the snow was not bad, as it was mostly rain. As for right now though, the snow is falling at a rapid pace, and the field as of 11:53 is already covered. The snow is going to hurt the Browns more than the Bills, as Cleveland likes to throw the deep ball and Derek Anderson’s short passing game is not one of his strong points.
– In thiking out loud as I write this, watching that Bengals-49’ers game last nite showed me how far away the Bengals are from being a top team in the AFC. Yes, they have the talent and the playmakers, but just the constant whining when things go against them, as well as the coddling that Marvin Lewis has to do to his stars as they leave the field when things go wrong is getting old. How many times did we have to see a pouting Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh sitting there with upset looks on their faces.
– The Cardinals, who took a huge playoff hit with the egg they laid last week vs the Seahawks, will have their big two wide outs in the lineup as both Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin are active. The Cards lose today and they are done for all intensive purposes. Look for Kurt Warner to put the ball up a lot to his main guys against a Saints secondary that can be thrown upon. The question will be will he have a lot of time to throw.
– Despite missing two days of practice, Ben Roethlisberger will be in the lineup today vs the Jags at home in a huge game for them. With the Browns on their heels, the Steelers cannot afford to lose this game if they want to play at home vs Cleveland in the first round of the playoffs. Troy Polamalu will also go for the Steelers, who will have their work cut out for them vs the Jaguars.
– Marc Bulger goes for the Rams today at QB.